My Family

My Family

Friday, July 29, 2011

My Poor Baby

So, as many of you know I have the sweetest puppy in the world named Winston. He was a gift to me from Trevor for Valentines Day/my 21st Birthday!! Aside from Trevor, he is the love of my life!! ;)

Since moving to Branson in March I have always let Winston run around my apartment while I am at work. I shut all the bedroom and bathroom doors, so really he just gets to run around the kitchen and living room; but it is a big play area for him. Well when Trevor moved here, we both went to work and he decided to be a bad dog and he ate the plug-in cord to our external hard drive! Bad bad dog!! So, needless to say, Trevor makes him stay in his kennel on days that we both work. Well I think he got really bored so he started licking his paw. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but he licked it so much to where there is no hair left on his paw and it has turned purple and black. We decided to let him start running around the house again, thinking this might be more exciting and he might stop licking his paw so much. We also started giving him Benedryl, because that usually does the trick for every other problem with him, but he just kept licking to where it is scabbed over now. Poor little thing!!! So Trevor decided to take him to the vet this morning and we found out he has a fungus infection in his paw!! We got some pills for him and some cream to put on it; but we can already tell he does not like us putting the cream on his foot! But we have to do what we have to do! I'll keep you updated, but hopefully we can nip this fungus thing in the butt! He seems to be doing a little better already!!

Have a Happy Friday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment