My Family

My Family

Monday, August 1, 2011

Beach Bound...I Wish!!!

So every year since I can remember I have gone to Holland, MI for an annual family reunion. My dad's parents live there and most of my family lives up north, so we always have our reunion there. When I was younger we would always stay in cabins about a mile from the beach. About 6 or 7 years ago they destroyed the cabins we would stay in, so my grandpa has started renting our houses that would accommodate each family. It's perfect because it is walking distance from 2 different beach areas! We would always take our bicycles there when we were younger and we would ride them everywhere. We rarely ever got in the car to go anywhere. During the days each family has their own agenda...although my family never plans anything, so the extent of our days are going to the beach! But at night all the families gather for dinner. My dad has 3 sisters and a brother, so there are 5 of them total. Each family takes one night and cooks for the rest of the families. Since most of the cousins are getting older, we have started having more cousins cook for dinner, but either way, the food is always delicious! In Holland, they also have my FAVORITE ice cream in the world!!!! Mackinac Island Fudge!! Umm Umm GOOD!!!! I absolutely LOVE going to Michigan because it is so relaxing, and I get to see family that I only get to see once a year! Well, hence the title, Trevor and I are not going this year! I am so down about it! I was blessed to be able to see a lot of my family this year at the wedding, but it just isn't the same as seeing them on the beach at our normal reunion! Michigan means so much to me!!! The first time Trevor came with my family, we had the most amazing time! That is when Trevor told me that he is going to marry me one day!..of course I was one happy girl!! Since then, I have always wanted to get our engagement pictures taken in Michigan on the beach. (see picture below). In honor of my family being in Michigan this week, I have attached some pictures of the past 4 or 5 years!

2005: my grandpa's brother took us up in a small plane to view Holland. The beach we are always at, which is the State Park is on the right side of the channel.
 
2007: Me and my brother on top of the dune. This area is no longer accessible though because they are trying to preserve the dune.
 
2008: Me and Trevor!!! The year he told me that he is going to marry me some day! ;)
 
2009: my little W playing in the sand!! He absolutely LOVED it!!! He would just dig and dig in the sand!
 
2009: Beautiful sunset. Every year we usually go and play volleyball one night and we watch the sunset! There is just nothing like it!

2010: I just thought this flower was really neat looking!
 
2010: Trevor took this picture. There are always million sailboats on Lake Michigan.

2010: ENGAGEMENT PICTURE!
 
Engagement picture


Bridal Portrait...yes, I hauled my wedding dress all the way to Michigan to get these pictures taken!!

Bridal Portrait!!

I hope everyone has a GREAT week! I will be thinking of my family and living vicariously through them!!!

Love, Jillian

No comments:

Post a Comment