My Family

My Family

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Yummy Banana Bread

So this past week, along with many other weeks, I go to the grocery store and while I'm there my hunger pains are larger than my actual stomach and I usually buy more than what I actually need...for instance...Bananas!! I don't know how many times I have picked up 5 bananas and told myself that I am going to eat them for breakfast every day this week. Well after one, maybe two, I usually don't touch them again until they are rotten and am throwing them in the trash! Well not anymore!! I have found, and altered, a great banana bread recipe so I never have to waste bananas again!
*Sorry, I forgot to take pictures until I was almost finished, so this is not as picture detailed as my cookie recipe!

Preheat oven: 350 degrees
Ingredients:
3-4 mashed up bananas (depending on the size)
1/3 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups flour

Mash up bananas in a med. sized bowl.
Mix in melted butter.
Add in sugars, egg, and vanilla.
Sprinkle the cinnamon, baking soda, and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix.
Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.

Bake for 50 min.

Let it cool and then remove from pan.

It should be ready to serve!
Happy baking!!!!


And just because he's cute...
HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment