My Family

My Family

Friday, February 3, 2012

OZ

This past week my mom and I went and saw the musical Wizard of Oz! Since I love going to any kind of musical and so does my mom, I jumped at the opportunity to get free tickets since I am now an employee of Union PS. I would have asked Trevor to go with me, but for one, he doesn't really like these kinds of events and two, work is consuming his life right now! So my mom and I got to enjoy it together. I am also an advocate for any arts program, so I thought it would be good to support the arts! Schools wouldn't be the same without these opportunities for kids!
It was such a great show! They added some twists and comical lines that really made the show! I have to say the part I was most skeptical about ended up cracking me up the entire show! Instead of using a real dog (Toto), they had a human dressed in a dog costume. When I first saw that a person was going to be pretending to be a dog I was very skeptical about what that was going to be like...well...it ended up being hilarious! My mom and I were laughing the entire show at this pretend dog!
Also, there are a couple students from my class that were munchkins in the show, so it was exciting getting to see them in a different element! They did so good! When I was 8 or 9 years old I was a munchkin in the Wizard of Oz at the PAC center at TCC. So watching my students play this part brought back many memories for me! It is so much fun to be a part of something like this! Props to Union for putting on a great performance! The show is running though tomorrow (Saturday) night...if you have the opportunity to see it, I highly recommend it! ;)

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Trevor and I have only seen each other for about 1 hour all week...so we will be spending the weekend together...relaxing!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment