My Family

My Family

Saturday, July 13, 2013

More Painting at the Morris House

Note: I did this project a month ago, but am just now getting the time to blog about it.
Since we moved in our house a little over a year ago, we just kind of threw my college stuff in our guest bedroom since Trevor got all new furniture his Junior year of college. We added a few things after we got married (new sheets and bedspread) but for the most part, the bulk of the furniture is what I used. Here is a picture of when we first moved in.


 So basically it was a little boring and BLAH especially since so much stuff was white.

A few months later Trevor's mom ended up giving us this cool desk, so we decided to put it in the guest bedroom, which means we had to rearrange a little.
At that point we had a lot of different wood colors. We had the color of the dresser/mirror, a white wood headboard/bedside table, and a orange desk. Randomly, the chair to the desk matches the dresser/mirror perfectly. I wanted to keep the natural wood look with the dresser/mirror/chair, but I wanted all the other wood to match, so I decided another painting job was in store for me. Trevor made me some shelves awhile back and we bought this really neat grey color (it's called rustic suede - perfect for our home - from Lowes) and we LOVED the color...so here is our new and improved guest bedroom...



Did I mention we have guests staying at our house about every other weekend?? We just love having company, so if you ever need a place to stay in Tulsa, just let us know! Mi casa es su casa!

What painting projects have you done lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment