My Family

My Family

Monday, August 19, 2013

Sew Cute - Pt. 2

August must be my sewing month, because I busted out my sewing machine lately and got a few things whipped up. Now, I am not very good with a sewing machine, but I can get around and get things done that I want. Last year I decided to make a cute key chain for my work keys and since that one is a little worn out, I decided it was time for a new one. I also wanted to make a few extra for some of my team members...here they are:

The fabrics I chose
In the process
All finished!!
I am just loving the chevron pattern!!! Aren't they cute?? These key chains are so easy to make, really cute, and are extremely handy! I also have one for my car keys that has elastic in it. Last year around this time I did a blog post on how to make them...you can view that here if you are interested in making your own! I promise, they are super easy to make!

Since I had the sewing machine out, I decided to whip up a baby blanket as well. A good friend of mine is about to have her second baby. Since I made her first born a blanket, I thought I could make another one for her second. 
Here are the fabrics I chose...it's a girl of course! :)

vua-la!! It's it adorable? I know....I'm obsessed with chevron!

I then wanted to add a monogram...so I asked Trevor's grandma if she could help me out! She is a genius with all this stuff!
 
Finished product!! I just love it!
As I mentioned before...this isn't my first rodeo with baby blankets...and of course I blogged about it when I made the first one and you can view that here for an easy tutorial on how to make a baby blanket!!!
Kari, if you are reading this post then you get to see Cambryn's baby blanket a little early!! I can't wait to give it to you in person!!! ;)

If you are just now learning to use a sewing machine, I suggest starting out with something simple like these projects! I promise, you will be pleased with the outcome.
Happy Sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment