My Family

My Family

Monday, March 3, 2014

Boots for Birthdays

The one good thing about busy season is that it comes to an end. Not only is there a light at the end of the tunnel, but it happens to fall right around my birthday every year. For the last 3 years we have gone out of town for an end of busy season/birthday celebration! This year we decided to go back to Fort Worth, TX. We went their last year and had a blast so we thought we would try it out again! It happens to be our neighbors birthday, Cassie as well, so we went on a couples trip again!

We started the weekend off with my favorite breakfast: Espress Oh! coffee and doughnuts!
Yum!!

We then got all packed up and headed to Fort Worth! Luckily we never hit too much traffic and we made good time!

On Friday night we decided to have dinner at Cattlemans Steakhouse and then go out in the Stockyards. 
Birthday Girls

Love this guy!!

Dinner was delicious and we got our annual cheesecake! 🍰 and this time they even sang to us!!


I was so excited because some of our good friends came and met up with us!! Thank you Brady, Gaddy and Lokey for coming out to celebrate!! 


Such a fun night with this crew!!

This is my favorite photo of the weekend!!

The next day was all about boot shopping!! For mine and Trevor's birthdays (Trevor's is in April) we decided we wanted to get each other new boots! Boots for Birthdays was the theme -hence the title! So we got up, had some breakfast and headed to Sheplers and Cavendars! We found a couple shirts that we liked at Shelpers and as we were checking out the lady behind the counter asked if we wanted free tickets to the PBR! Score!! That made the decision easy on what our plans were for the evening! We then headed to Cavendars and we both found new boots!!

We both had an idea of what we wanted before we started shopping, so it made our decision pretty easy. I just LOVE them!!

Since we got free tickets to the PBR we were now a bit crunched for time so we went to eat at Fred's and headed back to the hotel to get ready. If you haven't eaten at Fred's, you definitely need to try it. We bought their BBQ sauce last year and LOVED it, so we stocked up again this trip!

The weather was absolutely beautiful but it was a bit windy which made for a challenge when taking pics!



When we got there we realized that Justin Moore was opening for the PBR so we were pretty excited!!




The next morning we headed back to Tulsa and we hit the snowstorm. It really didn't slow us down much, but it was bad in some parts. 

Now I'm enjoying this wonderful snowday  with my husband!! It has snowed almost every year on my birthday! I love the snow and I find it so special when there is snow on the ground for my birthday! 

Thank you to Trevor for making my birthday so special!! And thank you to Randy and Cassie for coming with us and adding to our fun! I love getting to celebrate our birthdays together every year!! 🎂🎉🍰🎁🎈

No comments:

Post a Comment