My Family

My Family

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thankful

Today I Am Thankful For...
Trevor and I have so so very much to be thankful for! We have the most amazing family and friends and we have so much more than what we need! I did this last year and enjoyed it so here it goes...for each day in November, these are the things I am thankful for!

1st: I am thankful for God's love. We have been extremely blessed this year and I owe that to our faithfulness to Christ.

 
2nd: I am thankful for my high school sweetheart who has become an amazing husband! He is a devout leader in our home and I love that I can trust every decision he makes spiritually, financially, relationally, etc. He is the love of my life!

3rd: I am thankful for my mom and dad. They have endured some tough battles the last couple years, but they always come out stronger!

4th: I am thankful for my brother! I love that we live miles apart but every time we hang out, it's like no time has passed. 
 
5th: I am thankful for my sweet puppy Winston!! He is almost 6, but he is still a puppy to me! He is the best cuddle buddy when you are tired or feeling down and the best thing to come home to because he is so excited to see you every time you walk in the door!!

6th: I am thankful for our pup Whiskey! Even though most of the time he doesn't listen to me, just Trevor, he is still the sweetest thing! Thankfully, he puts up with Winston's jealousy and is accepting of his grumpiness. :) He is also an amazing hunting dog!

7th: I am thankful for the best in-laws. Trevor has such an amazing family and I am so lucky to be a part of it!

8th: This day we had the honor of throwing our sweet neighbors a baby shower! I am so thankful for their friendship and how lucky we got to have them as neighbors! I cannot wait to meet Baby R!

9th: I am so thankful for the opportunity to sing at church each and every week. It has been such a joy to get to sing each week with some of the best musicians. It is something that I look forward to every Sunday!

10th: I am thankful for each and every one of our friends! We made some of the best friends over the years and we are lucky to have them in our life! Many live in Tulsa and others live far away, but I love that technology has made it so easy to stay connected with everyone!

11th: Being Veteran's Day, I am so thankful for our Veterans and all the sacrifices they make so we can live the way we do! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

12th: I am so thankful for our home! We have been in our home for 2 and a half years and we have loved every minute of it! I love having people over and hosting. I love that we have a spare bedroom so people can stay with us from out of town. It is just the house I dreamed of with the perfect guy!

13th: I'm thankful for my amazing job. I switched districts this year and am so happy with the change! I love teaching, and my students this year are truly amazing! I am also thankful for my job as cheer coach. It has definitely been a new experience, but it has been a lot of fun. I also have an amazing co-coach who has taught me so much!

14th: I am so thankful for my extended family!! We don't get to see everyone as often as we would like, but it is always fun when we do!

15th: I am thankful for OSU! I have so many memories from there and I love going back and making new memories with some of the best friends!

16th: I am thankful for the Golden Goddess!...I seriously LOVE my car! And I am also thankful it has been paid off!!

17th: I am thankful for Dave Ramsey and budgeting! I know....a little odd! But seriously, Trevor got really adamant about wanting to start a serious budget a couple years ago and it has been the best decision we have ever made. I know being on a "budget" never sounds fun. But knowing where all of our money goes is exciting! I feel like we have so much more now that we are conscience of what we have! I honestly can't imagine life without it at this point!!!

18th: My dad had surgery today...I am thankful for doctors and the intricate work that they do!

19th: I am thankful for our sweet nephews! I am so glad that we got to spend time with them this year when they were in town!

20th: Today we got a new hot tub!!! One of the many perks of budgeting! Say no to things you want now, so you can say yes to what you really want! I am so thankful for this hot tub! We have been talking about getting a hot tub since we moved it and it came at the perfect time!

21st: I am thankful for good books! I just got finished reading Gone Girl and it was entertaining! Trevor took me to see the movie as well and we both really enjoyed it! Also, if you are looking for an amazing book, my FAVORITE book ever is Redeeming Love!

22nd: I am thankful that we live close to family so we are able to celebrate birthdays and other family events!

23rd: I am thankful for our elliptical! Most days I am not very motivated to work out, but I love having an elliptical with a TV right in front of it so I can work out and catch up on my favorite shows!

24th: I am so thankful for our Lifegroup! These families are true inspirations in my life! I feel so lucky to know and call these 3 couples my friends!

25th: I am thankful for my new hobby of sewing! I have learned so much over the past year and I am loving this new hobby of mine!

26th: I am thankful for our new washer/dryer!! Ours have been hanging on by a thread, well duct tape to be exact. We saw some Pre-Black Friday sales and we went for it!

27th: I am thankful that I got to spend this holiday with family!

28th: I am thankful for Christmas music!! I was listening to it all day when putting our Christmas stuff up!

29th: I am thankful for date days with the best husband! I love that we still make an effort to date! Never stop dating!

30th: I am thankful for golfing/hunting. Trevor loves doing these things and I know that when he gets to do the things he loves, it makes him happy and a better husband!

This list could go on and on! Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18



No comments:

Post a Comment