My Family

My Family

Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day

I'm not sure whether this Mother's Day counted as my 1st one or not, but either way, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms out there! Trevor was so sweet and got my a card - he is the best at picking out cards! So I think I'll count this one. ;)

I definitely think I have the best moms!!! 

I was at church most of the day, but I got to hang out with these two cuties on my break from church...(I think being a mom to fur babies totally counts ;))

Yes. I think Winston already has a new best friend! That, or he is moping because he knows his life is about to change! Either way, I think it's so sweet when he lays his head on my stomach. I think he got kicked a couple times though. Whiskey clearly has no idea what's going on, he just wants me to throw his toy so he can go mess up every rug in the house as he is running as fast as he can! 

After the church services we took my mom and dad to eat for a Mother's Day dinner. 

We are officially celebrating with Trevor's mom next weekend when we take her to the bedlam baseball game! 

Overall, the whole day just made me so excited to become a mom- not just to the pups ;) I'm sure it will be the most challenging and rewarding job out there! Some days I'm super nervous and think "oh goodness, I'm not ready" but on days like today, I know I'm ready and I know Trevor will make the best dad in the world!
It also made me so thankful for my mother-in-law. I feel like I hit the jackpot! Trevor's mom is one of the most giving people I know! She has always welcomed me into their family and made me feel like a real daughter. 
And it of course made me so thankful for my mom! She sacrificed so much for me and my brother, more than half of which I'm sure we did not give her credit for in the moment! We were definitely lucky to have her! She can usually add humor to any situation, which is a constant reminder to not take life so serious. We definitely have our differences, but what mother/daughter duo doesn't! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment