My Family

My Family

Monday, November 14, 2016

Our Crazy Trip to Fort Worth

Do you remember the 4 of us that were all pregnant at the same time??

Well, the one on the far right, Shelby, recently moved to Fort Worth because of her husband's job. We SERIOUSLY miss her!!! Trevor and I have been trying to come up with a weekend to go and visit them, but somehow our schedule fills up so quickly! Also, when one of us works on the weekend, it does make things a little more challenging. So, I decided that I was just going to go and visit while Trevor was duck hunting this past week in North Dakota. He had planned to be gone for 10 days, so this would really help the time pass since I was going to be home alone...well, with Brooks. I also pitched the idea to Reagan, since she stays home full time with her boys as well, and she decided to join me on this crazy trip with a 4 month old. So, we had a 4 month old, a 6 month old and a 3 and a half year old! Yes, we are well aware that we are crazy! Meredith...we missed you on this trip!

Since I work on the weekends and on Wednesdays, we decided we would go Monday through Wednesday. We wanted to maximize time, so we left super early on Monday morning so we could get to Fort Worth around lunch.



For the most part, the drive wasn't bad. All of the babies did really good! We stopped right outside of Oklahoma City and fed Brooks and Charlie. The only unfortunate part was, it was raining for most of the drive. It was kind of a drizzle, so it wasn't too bad until the very end. About an hour before we got to Shelby's house, you could tell the babies were getting a little antsy. Then, about 30 minutes before we reached our destination, the babies were full on MAD! They were screaming the loudest I have probably ever heard and nothing was going to make them happy other than getting out of the car. Around that same time, the rain picked up and it was a complete downpour. I had to slow down to about 30 - 40 mph to feel safe, which prolonged our trip even longer! Needless to say, we were so happy to finally reach Shelby's house. We got the babies out of the carseats and it was almost instant that they were happy. Ha! That day we just hung out at Shelby's house and watched the babies play. It was so good catching up and hanging out.

I didn't have a baby monitor, so I was thankful I packed our iPad so I could face time this booger when he was sleeping.

That evening, Shelby cooked some delicious tacos for dinner. We then put the babies to sleep and stayed up chatting until almost midnight.

The next day we went shopping at IKEA.


We ate lunch at McAlester's.


We hung out with the babies.
We went to dinner at a fun pizza place in Argyle.

And then had a photo shoot with the babies.







That night we put the babies to bed and then stayed up way too late watching the election. Reagan and I were able to do absentee voting so we could make this trip. I'm thankful for that so I never had to stand in line. :) It was also nice having time to look up all the different items to vote on and really having time to research in the moment.

On Wednesday we had to leave around 11 to make it back in time for me to sing at Switch. So, we got up and went on a walk with the babies.

Then, we had one more photo shoot because you can never have too many pictures of the cutest kids!





Charlie, Chase, Brooks and Parker
They are the SWEETEST!!!

Thank you Shelby for letting us stay at your house for a couple days! Your home is BEAUTIFUL and we loved getting to catch up! Thank you Reagan for joining me on this adventure! It wouldn't have been the same without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment