My Family

My Family

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

First Trimester - Baby #2

1st Trimester Overview

January 4th - April 11th

When I was pregnant with Brooks I wrote down crucial info each week and took weekly photos, so far with this one, I started to do all those things, but I eventually got so far behind I gave up. So, here is a true overview of what's been happening over the course of the 1st trimester.

Baby Size: If I'm being honest, I copied and pasted these from my blog about my first trimester with Brooks :)
Week: 5-Appleseed, 6-Sweetpea, 7-Blueberry, 8-Raspberry, 9-Green Olive, 10-Prune, 11-Lime, 12-Plum and 13-Peach

My Symptoms: This pregnancy has been sooooo different! I was a little nauseous with Brooks, but nothing ever led to throwing up. Well, this one has led to throwing up on multiple occasions. I am EXTREMELY tired! Thankfully, the first few weeks when I was really battling nausea and tiredness, Brooks wasn't crawling yet. So I would lay next to him and play with him. With Brooks, I found a couple staple items that would work in the morning if I wasn't feeling well. However, this one is different every.single.day. Something will sound really good on Monday and on Tuesday it is the grossest thing I have ever seen. So bizarre. I had a stomach bug for two days mid-March. It was brutal! I knew it was different than just morning sickness. Trevor was such a champ. He had to work and get things done and watch Brooks while I just tried to survive. haha! I have also had a couple scares so far that had us going to see the doctor every week to check on baby. Thankfully, nothing is wrong with baby, but no one ever figured out why I was having certain symptoms. I'm just thankful they have mostly subsided and baby checks out great!

Weight: We don't have a scale at home, so the only chance I have to weigh myself is at the doctor. I have actually stayed my same weight. I probably would have gained a few pounds, but since I have been nauseous and throwing up, that probably kept the weight down.

Gender: We ARE finding out with this one! Hopefully we will find out at my next appointment on May 3rd.

Names: We have pretty much decided on names whether it's a boy or girl, but I'll wait to share those until after we find out the gender.

Maternity Clothes: Nope.

Movement: Since I kind of already know what I'm feeling for, I have felt little flutters a couple times when I lay down for bed. I'm excited to feel movement again. That was one of my favorite parts of being pregnant with Brooks.

Sleep: Sleeping good! I usually get up once or twice already to pee, but I easily fall back asleep.

Cravings: The only thing I crave, which I realize is not great, is a Diet Dr. Pepper from Sonic. Yes, it must be from Sonic. I crave one of these daily! I try not to give in daily, but it happens occasionally.

Work Outs: Before I found out I was pregnant, I was working out a lot. Then, the sickness and tiredness kicked in and I was done. Plus, with the complications I have been experiencing, I was told to not work out. So, now I don't feel so bad that I haven't. I do chase my 9 month old around the house all day, so I consider that a work-out. Also, carrying him up and down stairs all day is no joke!

Best Pregnancy Moment: Telling our friends and family. Most people knew we were trying when we got pregnant with Brooks. Well, this one happened so fast no one expected it. Not even us! So, it's been fun truly surprising people. :)

Goals for next trimester: To enjoy every moment. The first trimester wasn't exactly enjoyable, so I'm praying the second will be as good as my first pregnancy.

Thoughts: When we first found out I was a bit surprised! ha! I was super excited about it right away, but it took me awhile to really get used to the idea of having two. Now that I have had time to process, I am SO excited for my two babies to be so close in age. I know the first months will be hard and overwhelming, but it will be so worth it! I cannot wait to see Brooks as a big brother and I can't wait to find out if baby #2 is a boy or girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment