My Family

My Family

Monday, May 8, 2017

Baby #2 is a..............BOY!!!!

To say that this pregnancy was a surprise is an understatement, so I knew I did not want to wait and be surprised with the gender. I told Trevor right away that we were finding out the gender as soon as possible with this one. (With Brooks, we made the decision early on to wait to find out when he/she was born. We made it 34 weeks and then caved and found out, but that's a story for another day). I knew right away I was going to find out as soon as possible with this one!

Trevor and I both searched online for different, fun ways to do a gender reveal and we both came up with 3 that we liked. In our list of 3, only 1 overlapped on both our lists and that was spraying each other with water guns either filled with blue or pink paint. So, that's what we decided to do. We also decided that we wanted to find out when everyone else did, so we were not going to find out at the doctor's office.

I had a doctor's appointment on the day I turned 17 weeks pregnant. We weren't sure if we would be able to tell then, so we didn't plan our gender reveal too many days ahead of time. The appointment was on Wednesday and we did our reveal the following day.

I had ordered the water guns on Amazon a couple days before and after our appointment we went and bought pink and blue paint, since we weren't sure which one we'd need. We sent out a text message on Wednesday right after our appointment to family and LifeGroup and we're just excited to have whoever could make it there.

Here are some fun photos of the reveal!

We had my sister and brother-in-law fill up the guns moments before the reveal! THANK YOU LAUREN AND TYLER!

Ready to find out!

There was a video taken right before of people placing their bets. I said GIRL and Trevor said BOY! The majority of people there said girl, but I think it was more people hoping for a girl! haha! I thought it was a girl because this pregnancy has been sooooo different. However, I am definitely carrying them both the same.






So thankful for everyone who could come, especially being so last minute!

IT'S A BOY!!!

And Trevor literally shot me right in the face!!! This photo cracks me up because you can literally see the blob of paint about to nail me in the face!



You were supposed to aim at my shirt Trevor! Haha!




Brooks is going to have a BROTHER!!!!




We were meant to be BOY MOMS!!!



We are so excited to meet baby boy #2!!!!
RHETT MICHAEL MORRIS we can't wait to meet you!!!

After the reveal we went inside and ate ice cream and hung out for a bit. I had to shower first because I was literally soaked from the neck up in blue paint!! I think I even had blue paint on my teeth (thanks Trevor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment