My Family

My Family

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Trevor's Birthday Continues in KANSAS!

Awhile back I asked Trevor what he wanted for his birthday this year. We were in St. Thomas for my birthday and that's hard to beat, so I wanted Trevor to get something nice too! He mentioned that he wanted to go turkey hunting with my cousin's husband in Kansas. Trevor's only been turkey hunting one other time and he really enjoys doing new things and hunting is usually at the top of his list. So, I called my cousin and my grandma and we made plans. We decided to go this past weekend because Trevor's birthday was the 27th, my grandma's birthday was the 6th and my cousin was the 7th, so we had a triple birthday celebration!

We left Thursday night really late after our gender reveal with hopes that Brooks would sleep the whole way. Thankfully, he did. He's always done really well in the car. However, once we got to my grandma's house, which was around 2am, Brooks did not want to sleep in the room we prepared for him. We tried feeding him a small bottle, rocking him, reading him a story and nothing was working. So, he joined us in our room for the night. We have never done that before. Brooks has never once slept with us, so I was a little skeptical if that would even work for the night, but it did! He slept great! (And thankfully, we didn't start a bad habit either!)
So precious!!!

They slept in 'til 9:30!!! 
We didn't really have an agenda for the weekend other than Trevor was going to devote most of his time to turkey hunting and we were going to have a birthday celebration. 

He already loves GG's cooking!

I'm positive they will have a special bond!

Friday evening the guys went turkey hunting and had a successful evening! They each got one!







The guys went hunting on Saturday morning, but didn't have much luck in getting one. While they were out hunting, we stayed at grandma's and explored.

Very curious about the central vacuum unit. He was able to open it and put his hand up next to it, but wasn't really a fan of it. 

Who needs toys when you have a tupperware drawer!

GG's are the best!
That evening we had our party! We were celebrating Trevor's birthday, my grandma's birthday and my cousin's birthday and that my grandpa was getting to go home from the hospital on Monday!



This is the BEST picture!!!! :)
It's not too often you see a couple still in love after all these years!!!
Melt my heart!!!

He enjoyed playing in the fountain
He was SOAKED at the end of the evening!
Sunday morning was their last chance to get another turkey because we were leaving that afternoon. Thankfully they had a great time AND got another turkey.
I'd say he had a great birthday trip!
So thankful for my cousins and my aunt Lorri who loved on my baby all weekend!!!! They are the BEST!
 We had such a great time relaxing, playing with Brooks, celebrating and seeing family! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment