My Family

My Family

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

4-Ingredient Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash

I have been on a role with cooking lately, so I thought I would share the ones that were easy and delicious!

I'm a fan of things that are only 4 ingredients!!

So here it is:

Ingredients:
*1 Spaghetti Squash
*1/2-1 cup pasta sauce
*1/2-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
*1 lb. Italian sausage
*Optional: Salt and Pepper
*Optional: Italian seasoning

Directions:
*Set oven to 375 degrees.
*With a sharp knife, cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. **This is hard! I had to have Trevor do it!
*Remove the seeds and discard.
*Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a greased baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
*Cook your Italian sausage.
*Remove spaghetti squash from oven and with a fork, loosen and separate spaghetti squash strands from shell. Reserve shells.
*Place strands in a bowl and mix with pasta sauce and cooked Italian sausage (and any seasoning you want). Adjust the amount of sauce based on your own preference. Spoon mixture back into the empty shells.
*Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
*Bake for 7-9 minutes of until cheese in melted, bubbly and slightly browned. Spoon and serve directly in shell.

NOTE: Trevor and I made this two meals. We were going to each eat a shell full, but that was a ton of food. So, we split one for one meal and then saved the rest for the next day.

ANOTHER NOTE: I am NOT the best food photographer....so don't judge a book by it's cover! :)


I originally got the recipe here, I just added Italian sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment