My Family

My Family

Monday, November 20, 2017

My Best Friend’s Wedding

#happilyeverhinck


This picture is beautiful!

I am so excited that my bff found the man of her dreams. They are absolutely perfect together and I’m wishing them a lifetime of happiness and joy! 

The festivities began Friday at noon. We left our house around 7am Friday morning. We rented an Airbnb and asked Trevor’s parents if they wanted to join us on a little vaca. They were so kind and accepted. This way, I didn’t have to be away from both boys all weekend, but we could still go to the wedding without kids. Thank you Tony and Vanessa for hanging out with the boys! Brooks stayed the night with grandma and papa Thursday night so we wouldn’t have to wake him up to leave for Denton. Plus, attending the rehearsal and lunch were way easier without a toddler. Rhett is in the houseplant stage, so he was no trouble. After lunch we went back to our Airbnb and I got to hang out with both boys before the evening festivities began.

Friday evening we attended a Happy Hour and then the Rehearsal Dinner which was at Hannah’s Off the Square in downtown Denton. It was delicious!!







That night was the night that everyone gave speeches. Here was mine:

Beautiful Nichole, that’s how she’s known by members of my family
And everyone here that knows Nichole, I’m sure would agree
She is absolutely stunning, especially on a day like today
But her heart of gold is what wins us over each and every day
For those of you that don’t know, I’m Nichole’s friend from Oklahoma State
We both pledged G-Phi and since then, we’ve been hard to separate
We lived together several times throughout the years 
And through it all, we have laughed a lot, eaten a lot of oreos and had our fair share of tears
I’m really not joking about the oreos, you see
We had several nights where we would watch One Tree Hill or Grey’s Anatomy and go on an Oreo spree
Nichole is also a huge fan of romantic movies
Prince Charming, love, man of your dreams, yes please!
If the movie didn’t have a happily ever after
We would have to mark that one off the list to watch forever
We were often mistaken for sisters, maybe it was the hair
And date parties we often got ready together and would coordinate what to wear
After college, it was separate states for the two of us
But that didn’t stop us from finding ways to still be part of the big events in our lives, plus
It always gave us a neat place to travel with a bed to put our head
Branson, Shreveport, Atlanta, Houston, Tulsa; we’ve been pretty widespread
Nichole has been there for me during the highs and lows
She’s seen me at my ultimate worst, and everyone probably already knows
Based on the person Nichole is, she did everything she could to be there for me through thick and thin
She truly is an incredible best friend
I definitely don’t know Stephen as well
But I do know that him and Nichole are just perfect for each other, I can just tell
Thank you Stephen, for pushing my friend to do things she’s never done
To love like there is no tomorrow and to be there for her beyond anyone
You are the true definition of a gentlemen, I know
I can tell that by how you speak to and listen to your bride, she has the glow
Even just being around the two of you for a couple weekends here and there 
You are both so kind, considerate, attentive and thoughtful - love is in the air
Even after you have been married for some time now, like me and some of you
Some of us could take a couple pages from your book on how to treat each other just watching you two
I think I speak for everyone when I say, we are so excited for y’all on this very special day
We are your family, your friends and your support along the way
We wish you the best in this exciting new phase
We love you so much and we are here for you always

Saturday morning came and I was so thankful I got to wake up to these two...


We all went to breakfast together on the square and then Trevor, his parents and the boys headed to IKEA and I headed to the wedding venue. 












All the bridesmaids






He is so handsome!




OSU girls 


I loved getting to hang out with you Katy!! It’s been too long! 





Nichole and Stephen, we had a wonderful time at your wedding. I’m so thankful that I got to be part of your special day. You are an incredible friend! We wish you all a lifetime of love and happiness! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment